Coordinates and directs the activities of personnel to complete assigned tasks in a timely, safe, and cost efficient manner. Works under the direction of the Plant Manager, supervising and directing the work of a group of employees in various tasks; does other related duties as requested to support manufacturing operations.
• Must have a broad working knowledge of their assigned craft (carpentry, pipefitting, equipment operation/rigging, instrument/electrical, welding) and have the same basic aptitude and interests as those working in the craft being supervised.
• Must demonstrate an above average knowledge of all facets of their trade and have extensive personal experience performing in the trade.
• Must possess knowledge of safety procedures and have good interpersonal and communication skills. Responsible for promoting safety awareness and for enforcing safety policies.
• Develops effective work plans, giving assignments/instructions to work crews and supervises their work activity.
• Must possess ability to motivate members of work crew and ensure that the crew under their supervision completes their assigned tasks safely, skillfully, and efficiently, and that assigned work progresses on schedule.
• Must be able to read and visualize objects from blueprints and have an eye for precise detail.
• Communicates with supervisor to keep them informed on progress of work assignments and/or any new problems.
• Estimates labor, materials, and equipment needed to complete work assignments.
• Inspects and tests or supervises inspection/testing of completed work assignments of crew, checking for compliance with project drawings, specifications, and quality control procedures.
• Prepares daily reports and maintains records and files. Maintains inventory of material associated with assigned work.
• Recommends promotion/demotion of subordinates and also identifies training needs.
• Requires working in operating facilities and observing and abiding by additional safety policies and procedures
• Other duties as assigned
• Four (4) years of experience in work involving a variety of layout, installation, and construction and maintenance tasks
• Have a high school diploma or GED equivalent
• Possess valid drivers’ license with a good driving record
Safety Responsibilities & Requirements
• On a continual basis, promotes an awareness of environmental, health and safety policies to ensure a safe working environment and ensures compliance with all accompany policies.
• Ability to pass drug test as mandated by the Saulsbury Industries and Department of Transportation anti-drug program.
• Must attend and successfully complete Saulsbury Industries safety training education.
• Attends safety meetings and specialty training as directed by management.
• Ability to identify and take needed safety precautions in performing the work.
• Ability to follow appropriate safety procedures in order to make safety checks and conducts safety meetings.
• Knowledge of basic rigging safety practices.
• Manual and finger dexterity.
• Eye-hand coordination.
• Depth perception.
• Ability to see things clearly that are beyond arm’s reach (far visual acuity).
• Ability to see small detail.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to climb 30-foot ladders without resting.
• Ability to maintain balance on catwalks and narrow workspaces.
• Ability to stand for long periods.
• Ability to reach above head while sitting or standing.
• Ability to reach below knees while standing.
• Ability to stoop or kneel.
• Ability to work 50 or more hours each week.
• May require “fit for duty” per client demands or post-accident/ injury.
• Ability to take needed safety precautions in performing the work.
• Responds to request to work overtime when conditions warrant and directed by management.
Employees in this position must be able to perform under the following conditions:
• Awkward or confining workspaces.
• High places.
• Outdoor environment.
• Excessive noisy environment
• Air contamination (dust, fumes, etc.)
• Potential overtime request to meet business needs.
Saulsbury is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.