Leads and coordinates Quality functional operations within assigned area of responsibility.
• Effectively interprets multi-discipline engineering and quality requirements and provides technical guidance for inspection, testing, and quality services activities.
• Performs quality inspections and testing concerning work assignments, facilities, and tasks of various departments.
• Coordinates and monitors the application of the quality initiative to ensure that quality inspection and testing commitments are met.
• Performs assigned administrative, technical or other job functions as required for the proper control of quality programs
Extensive knowledge of construction quality control activities for oil and gas and power plant construction and maintenance projects.
• AWS Certified Welding Inspector (preferred)
• Knowledge and use of computers and software packages
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Interpersonal skills at a high level
• Initiative and creative problem solving skills
• High level of commitment to safety
• Support goal of Quality, Safety and Productivity working together as a team
• The ability to work as a team player within a dynamic and continuously changing work environment
• Extensive knowledge of API, AWS, ASME and ANSI Codes
• Working knowledge of other discipline codes (i.e.: NACE, IEE, IBC, NRC etc.)
• Physically mobile and reasonable level of fitness
Safety Responsibilities & Requirements
• On a continual basis, promotes an awareness of environmental, health and safety policies to ensure a safe working environment and ensures compliance with all accompany policies.
• Ability to pass drug test as mandated by the Saulsbury Industries and Department of Transportation anti-drug program.
• Must attend and successfully complete Saulsbury Industries safety training education.
• Attends safety meetings and specialty training as directed by management.
• Ability to identify and take needed safety precautions in performing the work.
• Ability to follow appropriate safety procedures in order to make safety checks and conducts safety meetings.
• Knowledge of basic rigging safety practices.
• Manual and finger dexterity.
• Eye-hand coordination.
• Depth perception.
• Ability to see things clearly that are beyond arm’s reach (far visual acuity).
• Ability to see small detail.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to climb 30-foot ladders without resting.
• Ability to maintain balance on catwalks and narrow workspaces.
• Ability to stand for long periods.
• Ability to reach above head while sitting or standing.
• Ability to reach below knees while standing.
• Ability to stoop or kneel.
• Ability to work 50 or more hours each week.
• May require “fit for duty” per client demands or post-accident/ injury.
• Ability to take needed safety precautions in performing the work.
• Responds to request to work overtime when conditions warrant and directed by management.
Employees in this position must be able to perform under the following conditions:
• Awkward or confining workspaces.
• High places.
• Outdoor environment.
• Excessive noisy environment
• Air contamination (dust, fumes, etc.)
• Potential overtime request to meet business needs.
Saulsbury is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.