Saulsbury Industries is seeking an experienced, Field Engineer for an onsite project assignment on an industrial construction site located in Union, KY.
Field Engineer must have experience in all aspects of construction. Including Mechanical, Civil, Electrical and/or Instrumentation installations, typically through field experience in a variety of facilities including chemical, refinery, paper mill, power, manufacturing, and maintenance. The Field Engineer must be able to work productively and follow all safety regulations and procedures.
o Be proactive in all aspects of safety.
o Participation and support the site HSE program through site walks and safety considerations during design and planning.
o Ensure all safety requirements of the following are adhered to: confined space, scaffolding use, fall protection, LOTO procedures, etc.
• Technical Support:
o Provide constructability and site technical support to construction operations and site quality program.
o Ability to read, review and analyze laws, codes, regulations, drawings. And specifications.
• Support the Quality Manager to ensure all aspects of the Site’s Quality Plan are enforced. Perform “in-process” and “final” inspections of work.
• Understand plans and specifications to identify the types and grades of materials and equipment needed.
o Develop take-offs from drawings for estimate development.
• Ability to support the planning and develop of critical lift plans.
• Document Management:
o Assist in the development of Individual Work Packages (IWP).
o Support document control on an as needed basis.
o Document and submitting Requests for Information (RFIs).
o Research and compile submittals.
o Verify that all drawings that are being utilized in the field are the most up to date revisions.
o Review pertinent contractual requirements relating to submissions, approvals, material specifications, workmanship and testing.
o Maintain red line drawings, as-built drawings and other field record documents required as turnover records.
• Change Management:
o Ensure compliance of project work through contractual documents and recognize change in scopes when they occur.
o Document and communicate the changes to management and the client for resolution.
o Ability to estimate the cost impact due to the change.
• Project Controls:
o Assist in the development and updating of project schedules and cost reports.
o Develop work sequence plans.
o Track project status and generate status reports and update project specific documents.
• System Turnover:
o Development of system/subsystem definition packages with all associated turnover records.
o Identify and update work items for punch lists on completed work
o Support commissioning efforts as necessary.
• Other Site Responsibilities:
o Assist in site pre-mobilization planning and execution.
o Subcontractor management as necessary.
o Material management, which includes purchase of materials and expedited delivery.
• Bachelor’s degree (minimum) in a relevant engineering discipline (mechanical, civil, electrical, construction or chemical)
• 3-5 years of industrial field construction experience as a Field Engineer.
• Power experience is a plus.
• Capable of performing work associated in industrial conditions imposed by the job – outdoors, varying heights, varying climates
• Strong interpersonal and written/verbal communications skills
• Computer literacy with thorough knowledge of Excel, Word, and MS Project a must.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision in a diverse multi-craft team environment
• Knowledge of standards, codes and applicable construction methods
• Knowledge of installations of hazardous classifications