Plan, organize, direct and control the execution of assigned construction projects to meet the
Company’s cost, quality, equipment and material resource usage, and safety objectives
• Assume overall responsibility for a profitable, well-constructed, safe project, completed in a timely manner
• Review project proposal and pertinent documents with project team and VP of Operations
• Determine the most cost effective construction methods and use of personnel, material, equipment and subcontractors
• Review and approve subcontractor selections and invoicing
• Coordinate construction activities with the owner, subcontractors and Company personnel
• Promote, enforce and establish safety as a priority as part of the Company’s management philosophy
• Manage project staff, including assigned support staff, superintendents, project general foreman, and assistants
• Ensure that management is accurately and fully informed of project costs as compared to budgets through weekly labor and monthly budget reports
• Coordinate and provide direction for the budget estimating, purchasing, engineering, accounting, cost, and construction functions as they relate to the completion of the project.
• Initiate, establish and maintain working relationships with owner, engineers, suppliers, and subcontractors to facilitate construction activities
• Organize, conduct and represent the company at project coordination meetings at regular agreed upon intervals.
• Review and approve subcontractor, vendor payment applications and miscellaneous invoices
• Negotiate, prepare, issue and execute change orders (proposals) to owners, design team, subcontractors and others, and prepare revisions to original budget as a result of changes and revisions to work.
• Ensure timely and accurate billings and accounts receivables.
• Ensure timely project completion through project scheduling, expediting of material deliveries and the management of material and document submittals/approvals.
• Lead and participate in regularly schedule project staff meetings
• Manage Closeout process
• Enforce and adhere to all Policies and Processes as it relates to this position
• Actively participates on internal team(s) that focus on continuous improvement of the business.
5 - 10 years of experience managing large mechanical/piping/structural or civil construction projects
Technical degree in Engineering or Construction related field preferred.
Demonstrated success in management of construction projects
Possess working knowledge of all projects plans, specifications, Owner Contract, subcontracts, purchase orders, daily correspondence, drawings, submittals and all other project related documents and maintain a complete and accurate set of as-built drawings
Estimating experience a plus
Able to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency
Self-motivated with skills to motivate others
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Strong computer skills
Saulsbury Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis or race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.