The Senior EPC Scheduling Engineer, is a key position within Saulsbury Industries. Reporting to the Project Manager directly and functionally to the Director of Project Controls (Power Division), you will be responsible for scheduling activities on EPC projects as assigned and provide project support from early project development through to final project close out.
• Responsible for Project Planning and Scheduling functions related to engineering, procurement and construction within the home office and out in the field.
• Interface with client, vendors, and subcontractors to ensure awareness and alignment of all plans and schedules.
• Continuous update and reporting of schedule progress and performance to Saulsbury Management and the Project Client.
• Align with Project Management regarding project specific strategies for plan and schedule preparation and management.
• Participate and facilitate as required in project team alignment activities, including project kickoff meetings, schedule reviews, change management, project reviews and other coordination meetings as required.
• Communicate, facilitate, and document contractor requirements for schedule reporting, critical path methodology, and progressing.
• Ensure alignment with client schedule requirements, including schedule format, reporting, system interface (primavera version), and level of detail, timing, and other schedule deliverables.
• Produce comprehensive project schedules supporting all project phases with appropriate activities, logic, resources and deliverables.
• Ensure continuous alignment between project team members with regards to schedule implementation.
• Provide critical analysis and mitigation plans with regards to project and program schedules.
• Participate in the development of or utilize an established WBS and other project planning documents that follow the project management lifecycle as the basis to develop schedules.
• Compile logic driven schedules in P6 utilizing critical path methodologies.
• Ensure thorough understanding of project scope as integrated into the schedule logic with appropriate links to other interrelated project schedules.
• Lead and facilitate interactive planning sessions working with project teams and disciplines.
• Baseline project schedules and report variances to this baseline.
• Understand industry specific dependencies to be reflected in the integrated project schedule.
• Compile milestone tracking reports to provide early indicators of the project’s ability to meet specific goals.
• Update project schedule and progress at defined intervals, collaborating with project teams.
• Inform the Project Manager of any schedule restraints, drivers, and variances as apparent and work with the teams to develop schedule alternatives and workaround plans.
• Implement resource planning, resource loading and analysis, including both hours and key quantities.
• Timely and accurate d progress reporting including earned value, and other schedule metrics with appropriate schedule narratives and progress curves utilizing P6, excel or other tools, as required.
• Work closely with cost control to ensure alignment of project analysis and reporting as it relates to project controls processes and procedures.
• Work closely with procurement to ensure understanding of key equipment and material delivery dates.
• Understand the scope and schedule terms and conditions of prime contracts and major purchase orders.
• 10+ years’ experience in EPC industry
• Power Construction field experience
• Advanced knowledge of Project Controls work process, procedures, and techniques
• Specific knowledge of the following areas are preferred for the position:
WBS, Code Structures and Code of accounts
Engineering & Construction Progress and performance Analysis and Reporting
Baseline Schedule development and management
Change management and the ability to recognize change and translate impacts from client to both schedule and cost impacts via change orders (same with internal trends)
• Advanced understanding of Engineering and Construction industry practices, processes, and standards and their impact on project activities
• Travel and/or Temporary Assignments are required (Project Specific)
• Good written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Professional, ethical, and team player willing to grow with the company
Saulsbury Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.