Cost Engineer / Scheduler assigned to Plant Maintenance Organization that is capable of performing both cost management and planning activities on small and mid-sized plant turnaround and capital projects. This includes both direct and indirect cost management, project baseline schedule setup, establishing a baseline schedule and managing the daily planning activities, progress measurement, and change management.
• Establish and maintain project baselines for maintenance projects.
• Develop and maintain change management system including Change Orders, Budget Shifts, and Trends including contingency management. Actively pursue the trending program to include weekly change management meetings as required.
• Support timely and accurate reporting at all levels including internal and external clients
• Support timely and accurate forward looking analysis and mitigation plan development to reduce or eliminate unforeseen cost impacts
• Support weekly and monthly reporting for assigned projects including access, ad hoc reports, executive level support, and PM team.
• Interface with accounting and procurement system as required in order to produce the most timely and accurate cost forecast possible
• Other duties as assigned
• 3-5 years of experience in EPC industry
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills
• Primavera P6 skills required.
• Multi discipline construction field experience highly preferred
• Basic knowledge of cost engineering and planning work process, procedures, and techniques
• Specific knowledge of the following areas are preferred for the position:
Cost code of accounts
Commitments and expenditure tracking including labor, material, equipment, engineering, Fabrication/construction, indirects, etc.
Fabrication/Construction progress and performance forecasting techniques by discipline
Baseline development and management including cash flow management
Change management and the ability to recognize change and translate impacts from client to both schedule and cost impacts via change orders (same with internal trends)
Cost system expert in development of the baseline, managing change, and all levels of reporting
• Basic understanding of EPC industry practices, processes, and standards and their impact on project activities
• Good written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Professional, ethical, and team player willing to grow with the company
Saulsbury Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.