Plan, organize, direct and control the execution of assigned Field Services projects to meet the Company’s cost, quality, equipment and material resource usage, and safety objectives.
Assume overall responsibility for a profitable, well-constructed, safe project, completed in a timely manner
• Review project proposal and pertinent documents with project team and VP of Operations
• Determine the most cost effective construction methods and use of personnel, material, equipment and subcontractors
• Review and approve subcontractor selections and invoicing
• Coordinate construction activities with the owner, subcontractors and Company personnel
• Promote, enforce and establish safety as a priority as part of the Company’s management philosophy
• Manage project staff, including assigned support staff, superintendents, project general foreman, and assistants
• Ensure that management is accurately and fully informed of project costs as compared to budgets through weekly labor and monthly budget reports
• Coordinate and provide direction for the budget estimating, purchasing, engineering, accounting, cost and construction functions as they relate to the completion of the project.
• Initiate, establish and maintain working relationships with owner, engineers, suppliers, and subcontractors to facilitate construction activities
• Organize, conduct and represent the company at project coordination meetings at regular agreed upon intervals.
• Review and approve subcontractor, vendor payment applications and miscellaneous invoices
• Negotiate, prepare, issue and execute change orders (proposals) to owners, design team, subcontractors and others, and prepare revisions to original budget as a result of changes and revisions to work.
• Ensure timely and accurate billings and accounts receivables.
• Ensure timely project completion through project scheduling, expediting of material deliveries and the management of material and document submittals/approvals.
• Lead and participate in regularly schedule project staff meetings
• Manage Closeout process
• Enforce and adhere to all Policies and Processes as it relates to this position
• Actively participates on internal team(s) that focus on continuous improvement of the business
• 5 to 10 years’ experience managing large Industrial mechanical/piping/structural or civil construction projects (Minimum 5yrs. Oil & Gas Industry Experience)
• Estimating experience a plus
• Possess working knowledge of all projects plans, specifications, Owner
• Contract, subcontracts, purchase orders, daily correspondence, drawings, submittals and all other project related documents and maintain a complete and accurate set of as-built drawings
• Able to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency
• Self-motivated with skills to motivate others
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong computer skills
Saulsbury Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability